Assisting the imports team with the smooth coordination of daily import arrivals into the UK.
• Oversee all aspects of daily import operations from start to finish
• Overall responsibility for a team of import operatives
• Planning and delegating import department workload
• Validating the team’s import entries, issuing post entry amendments and monetary reclaim requests
• Keeping up to date with changes in regulations such as CDS System, customs procedures and tariff classifications
• Resolving customs findings and liaising with UKBF/HMRC should inspections be required
• Maintaining excellent customs and inter-departmental relationships at all times, giving regular feedback to the line manager
• Closely monitor VIP clients, ensuring they are kept informed and communicate delays or issues in a timely manner
• Highly organised
• Work in a fast-paced environment
• Motivate a team
• Positive and proactive approach to change
• Creative approach to problem solving and able to think ‘outside the box’
• Flexible approach to work and the ability to work with changing demands
• Conflict resolution, ability to deal with customers or any complaints professionally
• Think critically of all situations
Must be able to evidence your right to work in the UK
This role requires references to be provided for the last 5 years as well as a successful DBS check.
Hours – 42.5 hours per week (Mon-Fri) and 1 weekend a month at enhanced rate
Overtime opportunities available
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality and used by our Group of Companies for recruitment purposes only.
Personal information of unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after 6 months.